Thursday, June 13, 2024

TSII #358, Colette's Sunburst Ray silver Parade set

TSII #358 was Colette's first parade set by me.  She placed a large order in 1993 and this was part of it.  It didn't have a name at the time.  For this sale, I've taken to calling it Sunburst or Rays.  It is truly an antique, with the silver tape [actually aluminum] technology I was so proud of then.  Yes, it's fragile and the rays like to lift, but it's in amazingly good shape given its age.  

This auction closes Wednesday, July10, at 8pm Eastern.  Delivery at BreyerFest if paid for in full at the time of closing.  Check the latest bid on the Sales Catalog post here.

The set comes with a Parade rider doll, two hats, three blankets, a vest and a bouquet, all collected by Colette.  HORSE NOT INCLUDED,  he's just there to show the size!  I'm not sure who made the extra blankets but they are exactly the same style as the original red one, so it could've been me.  This would make a really good Parade class entry for some enterprising shower.

With care, this beautiful old piece of TSII history should last another 30 years.  This past week (June 25, 2024) I went over it very carefully, replacing all drop rings with stainless steel wire ones and gluing down as many rays and panels as I could.  Glues used included Aleene's and Jewelry Glaze.  I replaced the coatings on some parts and polished the conchos and bit.  I cleaned off as much green as I could.


Here's a bridle shot:


We have relatively few historical photos of this saddle.  These three are from the Red Parade Scrapbook.  At the time, I used a hand drawn design page for each silver saddle.


No comments:

Post a Comment