Wednesday, July 6, 2022

The Expanded Sales List

 

Ed. UPDATE:  
Chesterfield SOLD as of Monday night  7/11
Lima Mule SOLD as of Monday night
Estrella del Sol SOLD as of Monday night

This is where I'm going to throw all the heretofore hidden details of my sales horses for this year's BreyerFest.  Consider it, then, a repast for repainters and repairers, --- an open feast for opportunists, --- and not just a gallery of gouges and an assemblage of shelf-rubs.  As I write, it's becoming an elegy for them, with space for performance pix and all kinds of little personal details, like how Mahi got his name.  I've had them, and enjoyed them, for a long time.  Now it's time for them to move on.

Near- and off-side shots will be followed by, if applicable, any close-ups.  Prices listed are not firm, but they are strongly suggested.  Remember these prices are already discounted by virtue of the above-mentioned opportunities for repainters et al.   The horses on this list are nearly all solid cast resins, which means fragility and great weight.  They will be sold as is, by a friend, in Room 140, if all goes well.

Jorrit by Chris Flint, #1 of a 60-head edition

 Portrait of Jorrit, famous Friesian stallion.  Circa 2008.  Painted in oils by the sculpting artist, Chris Cook Nandell Flint.  Lightly shown -- he looks splendid in parade.  That reminds me:

TSII #454, Not Included

Asking $450.00
I find him tippy.  However, Chris made a base for him.  Almost any base would be an improvement.  Lack of base did not cause this ding, however.  He just hasn't been played with for almost 10 years.  That's my standard for it's time to move on.

 Here's a link to Beau Cheveaux' website page for this edition; look under "Friesian Stallion"

This is another horse who has suffered minor damage and hasn't been played with for more than 10 years.  He's a Breyer Gallery resincast, sculpted by the same artist who did Lonesome Glory, Kitty Cantrell.

I may regret letting this one go.



Seems an easy fix, don't it?  I swear I don't know where the time goes.  I used to show this horse with my Purple matchy-matchy English set.  He did reasonable in performance, particularly Cross Country.  Here's that purple shot:

You can read all about this photo in my blog: Fara Shimbo horses & tack.

Next up is an even older resincast, a Peruvian Paso mare by Sommer Prosser.  This one dates back to the early 2000s.  She entered my herd in the first flush of Peruvian passion and enjoyed some great successes.  Then she sat untouched until now.  It's time to move on.


Estrella del Sol

Here's a couple of shots of Chipsy, as I called her, wearing P4, the fourth Peruvian Paso set I ever made.  You can tell that Kathy Moody was a mentoring influence on Sommer.  I also think these pix show better color.

"Tack not included"

Those big brown eyes!  Yes, they are glass eyes.

Before you ask, P4 was sold to Margaret Olson, over the course of 2005 and 2006.

Moving even older, here's a 1993 Golden Oldie.  This one doesn't have a name (that I'm aware of) so we'll call him Mahi Pedro, my own name for this individual.  This is Linda Lima's famous Bell-Tail Mule, from the days when the sculpting artist was also the finisher.  And the caster.  And the order-filler, shipper and correspondent and secretary and...  I visited her home in AZ and it was filled with full-scale carousel horses.  She had cast and painted them herself.

Lima Mule Resincast 1993 


I have tried and tried to keep him painted and protected, but to no avail.  He was named Mahi because during 1993 my husband and I went on a Pacific ocean field experiment (ships and weather and science and waves!), and it was right after this time that I purchased him, through written correspondence, as was nearly all the hobby back then.  Mahi-mahi was a kind of fish that we much enjoyed eating while onboard the research vessel.  I just thought it was a cool name.

Husband of the above Estrella Del Sol is this horse, sculpted by Randy Buckler and finished by California master painter, Laurie Jo Jensen.  He is dated 1996.

Raven, Buckler x Jo Jensen   $300.00


Both these Peruvians were instrumental in my early years of making Peruvian tack.  I will return to that, but not with these horses.  Raven is a small Trad size, with a tack-unfriendly forelock.  Nonetheless, he was the partner for my first Peruvian Paso tack set, an accomplishment.

Here he is wearing P4.

"Tack not included"

As bonus for reading this far, the last of the C Pilz collection will also be up for grabs.  An unkind person would call these dregs; I think I'll call them bonuses. 


For one reason or another, these two did not get included in my earlier sale to Margaret Loesch of the Grey Woods Cat.   Since pandemic, Margaret has gotten most of my OFs.  Look for them on eBay (Grey Woods Cat).  I cannot praise this dealer enough.  She carries a lot more than just Breyers; go look for yourself.  The Grey Woods Cat

I'm going to try and include my Sales Posters.

Editor's Note Chesterfield Lima Mule Estrella del Sol SOLD as of Monday night



See you soon!

2 comments:

  1. I would be happy to give Chesterfield a home- I will be there for my first Breyerfest ever. I waited a long time!
    Betsy in WI

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Becky. Chesterfield will be arriving the evening of the 11th if all goes well. Email me if you'd like a hold put on him for you.

      Delete