Friday, December 8, 2023

Pin Sale Post

 

When you collect pins as assiduously as I have, you're bound to wind up with a few extras.  Some of these were purchased with resale in mind; some are duplicates; and some, like the earrings, were genuine mistakes on my part.  This post will be a close look at all the pins I currently have for sale or trade.  Trade wishlist is at the bottom of this post!

There's one big caveat:  Unless you grab these by Dec 15th, everything's on hold til late January.  I'm old enough to invoke the ancient hobby habit of no mail order during the Christmas rush.  (We were afraid we'd lose our precious ponies;  too often, we did.)  I'm out of town from Jan 2 to 26 and cannot post packages while canoeing down South.   (Which doesn't mean I can't mail off Christmas letters.  But I digress...)


Isn't this a cute pin (above)?  For all that he's 1.25 inches tall, I had to get this one when I first saw him!  It's a Daniel Muller Indian Pony, and I hadn't known this pin existed.  As luck would have it, I found a Stein & Goldstein Stander pin I hadn't known existed either, and had to get that one,... and with him came this.  So it's a genuine duplicate in my collection. 

Almost the same story applies to this graceful blue and white Stein & Goldstein Jumper (below).  I already had one, from long ago, but that Stander came accompanied.  Each of these carousel cuties should be priced somewhere around $15 plus $5 postage.


You'll have to forgive photography of these two in their cellophane.  Each one comes with a brass pinch clasp for the back.

 I suppose it had to happen sooner or later!  I thought those Minkiewicz earrings would be dandy little pins on their own;  I thought I could disassemble them and display them by themselves.  But when they arrived, I changed my mind.  A rare thing happened:  I didn't like a Mink pin product.  I suspect not wearing earrings had something to do with it,...


In themselves these are absolutely charming examples of what can be done with Mink's art.  They really are tiny;  the zebras are one inch  high.  They and the Quaggas are hook earrings with silver hardware.  I am willing to let them go for $50 a pair plus $5 postage.  (The release price for these hook earrings was forty.)

The size of the Quaggas is 1.13 inches high, a smidge bigger than their friends the zebras.  But you should see the Unicorns!  These mini miracles are just half an inch!!  Rose gold in color, these are pinback earrings.  The pins stick right out of the package.  Yup:  right through the cellophane...  It's another miracle that they traveled safely in their bubble envelope...

These are versions of none other than Mink's very first pin, Unicorn One, first sold in January of 2021.  Here's a close up:

Aren't they charmers!  The release price for these pinback earrings was thirty-five, so I'm thinking of charging $40 + $5 postage.

 The remaining three pins are standard Mink issues:  Faleadon the Imperial Unicorn (released August 24 of this year), Driving in Style Gelderlander from BreyerFest 2023, and Runicorn III, released December 8 of 2022.  I'm asking $40 each + $5 postage.

You can read more about Faleadon and the Gelderlander in my latest blog post on pins:  Fibonacci Pins.

They both have fantastic sparkle backgrounds!

The same sparkle applies to the mythic Runicorn:


 Trade and Wish List:  repeat after me:  Any of the above, up to three pieces, for Mink's Dancing Horses Bastian and Trinka.  These pins were released in January of 2022 (Bastian) and Sept of 2021 (Trinka) and were the second and first Dancing Horse pins ever released.  That has something to do with how rare they are, but not all:  I suspect the news just hasn't migrated far enough.

Thanks for looking!


No comments:

Post a Comment