Thursday, June 15, 2023

3 Mink Orders

 

One result of being gone more than a month has been my getting to open 3 Minkiewicz pin and magnet orders at once.   I swear it sometimes seems I buy her pins only to try to photograph them...!  This post will be one of many pictures: stickers, postcards, pins, magnets.  You'll just have to bear with me.  At the end I'm listing some stuff which I plan to offer for sale at BreyerFest (room 612).

I have all of the Mink Unicorn pins (below) known at this time.  This one, Chargon the Rainbow Obsidian Jeweled Unicorn, sold April 24, has surprised me the most.  I didn't think much of him when he was first published:  solid grey and chunky, my least favorite aspects.  The rainbow effect had been tried in only two pins previously* (Anuksamet and the Marwari) and never before on a border (background).  I didn't have any Jeweled Unicorn stickers.  So I was reserving my judgement on this drafty, little-headed guy.

*Earlier stated as only one, the Marwari.  Ed. regrets the error.

And then he arrived, and I tried to photograph him.

The above shot is when I realized something new had come into the world.  Wowie!! Snap, dazzle, amazeballs!!  How did she do that...  Without ever having wanted to collect the Jeweled Unicorns -- weren't Dancing Horses, Celestial Unicorns, Imperial Unicorns, odd horse shapes and occasional deer ENOUGH??! -- I was now well and truly hosed.

Let's go back to the first order I opened.  It was of two magnets.  When I started collecting pins seriously, my sticker collection went on hiatus.  However, magnets were being enjoyed all along -- they were more display-able than stickers for me -- and this particular offering was of my all-time supreme favorite Celestials.  I plumped.  I didn't realize until I opened them how large they were: 4" (four inches high or long).  This shot shows everything that was in the envelope.  The Unicorn portrait head sticker says "Believe!"  Like Mink, I have a weakness for glitter...

Naturally, I had to lay them out next to my existing stickers.  Ayerron, the Solar Stallion, had had his horn slightly mangled in transit.  But like a true Unicorn, misfortune only gave him more character;  and the horn straightened out with use.

"Size matters"

Here are the Mystashanis:

The second pin was the fourth WindCatcher, Baedonathon.  Don't feel sorry that I don't have Zephannon, the first of this series.  I honestly didn't want him.  I almost didn't want this one either, but something made me change my mind,... we know how that goes...  (Perhaps a solid month of birding had something to do with it... the detail on his wings is truly awesome!)


Time for a Gross Loot picture.  This is everything that arrived (missing only the above glitter Believe! Unicorn).  Remember every pin order contains cards and stickers, sometimes more than one!

A close up. The motto, 'phantasia in nos,' translates as "the fantasy in us."

Lest I ever think I had too many of those glitter-bordered little Cave Pony Pegacorns, I noticed I have them with two different variations of glitter (prism tape!), egad...

Here's something I've been at pains to display in my sticker scrapbook.  The reverse side of Mink's postcards are definitely worth collecting.  But you have to have two cards each, at least with the scrapbook I have now...

And their obverses.  Just when you think you've got them all, Mink puts out new ones!


Yes of course I've ordered Kalasin,... And of all the Nouveau heads, this one is my favorite... (yeah, what about that cream white... ahem)

We have arrived at the end of this post, and the desire to show off is greater than any restraint or politeness.

 Longtime readers may notice Dulmener is gone.  I decided he did not fit;  he was a different scale (too big!), too plain, and too, umm, 'chunky' is the word I used earlier.  I am not overwhelmingly fond of the Cave Ponies, let's leave it at that.  I have a few, though, which have passed through the gate of favoritism.

See the Marwari below, mentioned above, in the rightmost column, second from bottom.  My Dancing Horse collection is missing only two.  Maybe at BreyerFest,... I do have some trade bait...

Yes, these boards will be at BreyerFest, room 612.   Come and enjoy!

A lot of other stuff will be there too.  This list is doubtless incomplete:  needlework supplies to be given to a good home; wire and miniature (Cricut) hardware for sale; a Paasche airbrush for sale;  my 2 finished Resincasts, Raven and Joritt, for sale, as well as the Peruvian Jaquima; Gerhardt's blue Pegasus tile for sale (unfinished);  and a couple of paper Guide copies for sale, signed to family who no longer want them.  

Last but not least, I want to show off what's been done so far on the next book, Advanced Braidwork for the Model Horse.  The room will be open mostly in the mornings, and if not, you can always call me and ask -- odds are I'll let you in.


1 comment: