Sunday, August 29, 2021

Loot

 

Now that Wycked Wynd is here, I set out to do my third and last BreyerFest Loot shot.  But like all good photography sessions, it got carried away.  It went from two stallions to five horses to a color comparison between Perlinos to comparing my last three resincasts!  You get the idea... (Ed. Note:  The first two Loot shots are featured on my SBY FaceBook page.)

...So let's start with those two stallions I was talking about back in July.  On FaceBook I said I'd blown nearly all my funds on two stallions right before BreyerFest.  One arrived quite quickly and the other has taken his time but has been quite worth the wait.  (Indeed he is shaming my own mail-order fulfillment habits.)  Ladeeez-ann-Gennlmen, May I Present! 


Fireheart and Wycked Wynd.  

They could not be more different, except maybe in the hair department.  Fireheart in particular reminds me of the time I was judging a Mustang class at NAN.  I came to the conclusion that with this breed, hair-dos mattered more than anything else.  That class should have been named Hair-Do Class.


While Fireheart is the much larger horse, his ribcage is surprisingly narrow.  Wycked Wynd has got himself in proportion, but will need prepwork before painting.   Fortunately I have many fine jewelry files that will come in most handy for the job.

I do not regret spending what I did.  Fireheart has been named and has already had the most memorable and astonishing adventure a member of my herd could have.  He's traveled 2 x 1600 miles in the heart of a pandemic and lived to tell the tale.  Wycked is in the process of being named and I am very pleased with his quality and beauty.  Like his sculptress, I'm very much wanting to see him tacked up.

I acquired more horses than last year's haul.  You must excuse the parade set -- I'm unwilling to take it off Seurat/Sorpresa right now.  Note the color difference between Seurat and Fireheart.


Danash joins several others in my stack of boxed horses.  This category is not new, merely expanded.  I have to spread out my acquisitions for an entire year,... or longer, if the mood takes me.  Also, the shelves are full and there is barely enough room for the unboxed.  It takes me a long time to fully develop and enjoy a horse.  The boxed ones are sort of... quarantining.  It's an additional step to make sure I really want them.

Some I really wanted from the beginning!  Like Uffington... I don't know what I'd've done if a "Gothington" (as Yashka aptly named the SilverBlack Holographic version) had landed with me.  Thank all saints I got my original desire.  Now I have two Breyer OF Perlinos and it is very interesting to compare them.

They both have blue eyes.

Uffington is more of a yellow-gold, while Shazada [I don't have a factory name, so I'm using my own for this individual, a Persian word meaning Prince] has a pearly-pink-peach tone.  [Editor's Note:  the factory name is Quelle Surprise.]
Uffington is lighter.  His mane and tail are almost white.  Shazada has more gold in his mane and tail.

 Photographing and moving light-colored and white stallions around, I looked up at my shelf of unfinisheds, fitting in Wycked Wynd.  While I knew that my last resincast was also an arabian stallion, Denderah, I hadn't realized until this moment that the resin before him was also an arabian stallion!

Orion, by Margarita Malova!!

What possessed me!!  I am not an Arabian person, by any stretch -- never have been.  Yet here was the evidence, very solid.  Was it the emphasis on Akhal Tekes, with their own connection to Arabs?  Or was it simply the sheer beauty of these animals?  Was it my admiration for these artists?  Not telling you, not shown, is my Indian Silver by McDermott, yet another unfinished Arabian stallion... (oh and mini Khemo... umm...)

I love their tails.


Unlike last year, I have no idea which resin I will tackle for NMPM.  But I have learned to trust my Muse.  I will enjoy each and every one of these marvelous creations, and treasure the relationships my hobby has brought me.



2 comments:

  1. Upon seeing the color difference between the two "Perlinos," Uffington could actually be labeled a Cremelo due to his lighter-than-body-color-or-simply-white mane and tail (typically, it's extremely difficult to tell all three double creams apart by phenotype; but on some occasions darker manes and tails of a Perlino are visible, as are the white manes and tails of Cremelos, and lastly, the blackish-undertones of a Smoky Cream (black + 2 cream).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why yes, Uffington could indeed be a Cremello. I saw that you were interested in genetic research, but didn't realize it fully til now! Good work, thank you.

    ReplyDelete