Sunday, January 27, 2019
First a word on the ink wars. After 18 days, and with no significant progress beyond those 2 plates, we called a halt in the hostilities, mostly to treat battle fatigue. I am waiting for the arrival of 5 new pens, and new ink, before resuming. (This is thanks to my in-house general and wargamer, who suggested a sweep flanking manuever and change of attack. Even when I resume, the bulk of the book remains to be written and drawn, so these are mere skirmishes.) In this interval, two things are happening: my time in Tucson (1st wk of Feb) and NaMoPaiMo.
You could say the pens won. Or you could say that a certain Akhal Teke filly suddenly became very interesting!
She has divots that Brasenose did not, an assortment of air bubbles too big to treat with Gesso. However, I do recall a great deal of prepping on him too. Little has changed. I've spent all day happily pursuing something I could succeed in. With her leftover Apoxie, I started on the saddle tree for a future saddle, TSII #458 (another Goehring). You can see it above, in front of her.
Her ears were filed into more shapeliness, just like her sire's. She received a forelock like him too.
I decided to post this next picture un-Shopped, even though it is distorted from camera angle and out of focus. Ambolena had a divot missing from the middle inside of her off hind canon tendon. This shot makes it seem like my 'fill' is incomplete, with a sharp edge. I'm planning to file it smooth after it's cured. As ever thanks to A. Bilon who gave me my Apoxie.
I am waiting for her to cure before the first primer coat. Also just like last time, it snowed. :)
Happy prepping to everybody!